Saturday, March 7, 2009

24 weeks & counting!

Today I am 24 weeks pregnant. I can't believe I am already entering my 6 month! Overall I feel really good. Sprig still does not have an official name. It is an intimidating process knowing that it will be his name forever. We want to be sure we have exhausted our search but we do have a front runner.


The kicks and jabs are getting stronger by the day it seems and two mornings ago I felt him roll over for the first time. It is a really weird yet amazing feeling. According to the baby book he is somewhere around a pound and between 8-12 inches long.

Here is some bumpage from week 22:


Most of you already know we put our house up for sale. This means that if / when it sells we will be heading home to TEXAS! It is bittersweet since we have begun to make friends out here, but we are anxious to be closer to our family and friends with the addition of Sprig. We'll see what happens! Please pray that when our house sells, Chris is able to find a job! He's been looking but it is tough out there right now. For the most part, I am not stressing about it (which seems strange for me since I am a super planner). I have faith that God's plan is perfect and He is in control of the situation so I am prepared to birth a Texan or a Delawarian either way!

This past week was a 'fun' one. We had a big winter storm come through Sunday night dumping nearly 6 inches of snow on our house. I'm hoping it is the last of the snow. Who wants snow in March anyway!? Today looks promising with highs in the low 60s so I better get a start on my productive day!

Until next time, lots of love to everyone who reads our blog!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Aw...love the baby belly!

Gaines0204 said...

Norma you are such a cute pregnant mama! I'm so ecstatic about the good news! I can't wait for you to move back to TX so we can have all of our babies together! I'm sure it will all work out! And I know it's hard picking out names, I kept teetering between two names during my entire pregnancy so I'm sure Lyla is going to have an identity crisis later in life. Let me know when the big move is and where you're going to be...Tell Chris I said hello and give little Sprig (I love that name by the way) a loving pat for me!

Kim said...

You look so cute prego. I say you leave DE and come get a job in Tokyo- we LOVE it here in Japan so far!!! And Sprig can have a play mate- Baby Bean Cochran!

Kim said...

It is PAST time to update your blog missy!!!

 
template by suckmylolly.com