Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A blog is born...

Having been recently inspired by Becky...I decided to join the world of blogging! Our website http://www.chrisandhayden.com/ is difficult for me to edit and Chris hasn't felt motivated to work on it since our wedding (to be fair I've kept him pretty busy with projects around the house...)

Our blog will serve to update our friends and family on the happenings in our lives (however trivial they may be). It is also a means to put life in perspective. Those who know me best would consider me a worry wart / control freak / anxious over-analyzer. It seems life these past two years has been nothing but big changes. Marriage, moving, house, job, health, family....etc, etc.

Recently, I've been reminded of a song my momma sang to me growing up. It is something I should be repeating daily as a mantra for life as things continue to change. Whatever will be, will be.

In an effort to let more of the bad roll off my back and share more of the good...welcome to our blog! Please bookmark our site and check back often!


"Que Sera, Sera"
from THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH (1956)
words by Ray Evans and music by Jay Livingston

When I was just a little girl
I asked my mother
What will I be?
Will I be pretty? Will I be rich?
Here's what she said to me:

Que sera, sera.
Whatever will be, will be.
The future's not ours to see.
Que sera, sera.
What will be, will be.

When I grew up and fell in love
I asked my sweetheart What lies ahead?
Will we have rainbows Day after day?
Here's what my sweetheart said:

Que sera, sera. Whatever will be, will be.
The future's not ours to see.
Que sera, sera.
What will be, will be.

Now I have children of my own.
They ask their mother,
What will I be?
Will I be handsome? Will I be rich?
I tell them tenderly:

Que sera, sera.
Whatever will be, will be.
The future's not ours to see.
Que sera, sera.
What will be, will be.

Que sera, sera.

2 comments:

Kristin Anderson said...

Love this post!!! my mom used to sing this song to me, too.... i need to take note of the words myself at times, too!

The Brownd Family said...

Hey Girl!! So glad to see you in the blog world! Just another way to keep in touch! Hope you all are doing wonderful and have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

 
template by suckmylolly.com